- To impart fundamental knowledge and skill sets required in the Industrial and Systems Engineering profession, which include the ability to apply basic knowledge of mathematics and science, and the domain knowledge of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- To produce graduates with the ability to adopt a systems approach to design, develop, implement and innovate integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment and energy.
- To enable students to understand the interactions between engineering, business, technological and environmental spheres in the modern society.
- To cultivate the practices of independent learning on the part of the students that will prepare them to function effectively for diverse careers and life long learning.
- To enable students to understand their role as engineers and their impact to society at the national and global context.