Assistant Professor TEO Kwong Meng
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 6516-2334 | Fax: 6777-1434
| Kwong Meng is an Assistant Professor in the
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. He
obtained a Ph.D in Operations Research from Massachusetts
Institute of Technology's Operations Research Center in 2007 with a thesis entitled Nonconvex Robust Optimization.
Kwong Meng's research area lies in optimization and decision making under uncertainties, and enjoys OR applications in all fields due to his diverse background. Besides an engineering degree, he had postgraduate education in computation and communications systems engineering. Prior to his PhD studies in MIT, he has held appointments in the defence industry (C3 systems), application development (supply chain planning) and technical consulting (OR & RFID systems).
He has research, consulting and implementation experiences in:
- Supply chain & logistics (LCL vehicular routing, FCL container truck scheduling)
- Engineering design optimization (nano-photonics, electromagnetic component design)
- System engineering (command, control & communications systems, RFID systems)
- Healthcare (IMRT - intensity modulated radiation therapy)
- Energy (electric power generation)
- Finance (portfolio management, asset allocation)